VERTICAL Espresso Blend$70.00
Free Shipping on all orders $55 or more in the U.S.
Maple | Dark Chocolate | Buttery
Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day. Let this espresso blend be that first "something good" in your day.
When crafting our Vertical Espresso blend, we approached it with the following goals in mind:
- A rich, smooth, deep flavor, and a full buttery body for a substantial mouthfeel
- A flavor that stood up to milk for milk based drinks, but also tasted good as a straight shot
- A balance of flavors including maple, dark chocolate, and dark fruits
- A relatively low acidity because this was going to be extracted at a high pressure
- We wanted a three dimensional profile of: depth of flavor, balance, and body
The two primary flavor notes for this espresso that should shine through with any brew method are Maple, and Dark Chocolate. The secondary flavor notes that will show through in a high pressure espresso machine with even extraction are dark fruits such as fig, cherry, and blackberry.
Producer: Various small lot holders
Region: Brazil & Colombia
Process: Washed & Natural
Varietal: Caturra, Colombia, Castillo and Yellow Bourbon
Roasting Profile: Espresso
Recommended Brew Methods: Espresso Machine, Mokapot, French Press
*Like other fruits, coffee is seasonal and we love that! Because of this seasonality, we will occasionally switch out a component for another coffee variety with very similar characteristics. By changing the components with the seasons, we are able to offer the most vibrant coffee flavors all year round, which also allows for importing the freshest green coffee possible.